This project NEET inclusion focuses on full and meaningful participation of young people in decision-making processes including creation of opportunities for underrepresented groups of young people. The work plan targets young people NOT in employment, education and training (NEETs). Due to their absence from basic societal systems such as work, schools, vocational institutions, the chances of reaching out to them, having their input and providing services for them is more demanding. That is why they often fallout from the usual outreach of Civil Society Organizations (CSO), despite the fact that it is youth organizations that should involve NEETs.
This project has an ambition to work directly with and for NEETs, but has no expectation to succeed in it in a course of one year. For that reason, ACTIVE with its member organizations participating in this project will try to work for structural changes that would create several entries for NEETs’ involvement in the society. The countries involved are: Sweden, Slovakia, Estonia, Latvia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Poland, Serbia, Romania, Norway and Iceland.
At the very beginning, in order to base the project on accurate data and create preconditions for evidence-based practice, a needs assessment of NEETs will be conducted in 10 countries encompassed by the project. Furthermore, representatives of the countries involved will have an opportunity to participate in the study visit and look into models and mechanisms of inclusion of young people in Sweden, as one of the European countries with lowest percentage of NEETs. Collected data and best practice examples from first two activities will be used for creating of capacity building program that will develop the model for inclusion of NEETs and their involvement in decision making processes at local level. 20 emerging youth leaders will be empowered for inclusion of NEETs in youth programs of their CSOs. Moreover, a frame for a joint international campaign will be designed. The campaign will target local decision makers in order to raise their awareness about NEETs and their inclusion. The campaign will be implemented in all 10 participating countries in the next project stage.
After the implementation of the capacity building program, the participants will multiply the effect by providing workshops for additional 150 emerging youth leaders at local level and involve them in the campaign that will promote and advocate for participation of NEETs in decision-making processes at local level. Additionally, the project results will be available and promoted through online platform. The presented flow of activities will directly contribute to the aim of the work plan:
• To build capacity of local civil society organizations for inclusion of NEETs and creating opportunities for their participation in decision-making processes
- To collect data about current status of NEETs in the 10 countries encompassed by the project
- To analyze good practice examples of inclusion of NEETs
- To build capacity of CSO representatives from 10 countries for inclusion of NEETs in their programs
- To create model for inclusion of NEETs and increase their participation in decision-making processes at local level
- To empower young emerging leaders at the local level to influence decision-makers in creating opportunities for involvement of NEETs
Crucial activities that should be presented at the webpage:
- Needs of NEETs – Research document – needs assessment of NEETs in 10 countries
- Needs of NEETs – Report from Study visit, Stockholm, Sweden 21-23 May 2017
- A NEET solution for inclusion – capacity building program, Estonia, 23 – 29 July 2017
- NEET participation – a set of workshops in 10 countries to achieve a multiplying effect educating and empowering new 150 potential emerging leaders who would spread the model and inspire others for active involvement for NEETs