Name: Lazjon Petri
Position in organization: Member
1. When did you get in touch with Active for the first time?
In the Active Summer Camp 2009. It was my first sober event in my life, realizing how amazing it is having fun and enjoying life in sober way!
2. What was the best Active experience that you had so far?
The whole Active seminar in Berlin ‘You can see but do you understand?’. I can try to share briefly my feelings I got there: first- giving help to visually impaired people. Then- talking to them, becoming good friends, learning from their motivations, points of views and dreams for life. Playing ‘blind football’. Making pictures with closed eyes. Last- having dinner in a blind restaurant, getting the service from blind people.
3. Which Active’s events did you attend?
Active Summer Camp in Albania 2009; seminar in Skopje ‘Be the change you want to see in the world!’ in October 2009; seminar in Bratislava ‘Promoting intercultural dialogue and living together in diverse society’ in March 2010; Active Summer Camp in Norway 2010; seminar in Berlin ‘You can see but do you understand?’ in October 2010.
4. Why don’t you drink?
I used to drink sometimes when I was in high school and during the first three years of University. It was Active Summer Camp in Albania that showed me that life it is much more beautiful if I skip alcohol.
I don’t drink alcohol because:
1. I want to be always myself.
2. I would like to have a healthy life.
3. Otherwise I could destroy myself, my family or somebody else.
4. I can have fun, without offending the others… I can do it without scaring them.
5. If I don’t drink, it is more Environmental Friendly than if I do it.
6. I really believe that a sober society would be much better than the one we are living in!
7. I give an example to my friends that we can be happy skipping alcohol.
I respect my family traditions… but I also have the right to get only the best of them! I worry for my future child, so I would like to give my contribution in building a sober family, useful for society.
5. Describe Active in five words!
Warmth, tranquility, kindness, love, experience.